Mahoba District Uttar Pradesh
Geography of Mahoba
Geography of Mahoba
Mahoba is located at 25.28°N 79.87°E. It has an average elevation of 214 metres (702 feet).
Before 11 Feb 1995 Mahoba was the Tehsil of District Hamirpur. The then Chief Minister Mr. Mulayam Singh Yadav declered Mahoba as a District on 11 Feb 1995 From then Mahoba has moved forward leaps and bounds on the Social, Cultural and individual front. Mahoba (Hindi: महोबा, Urdu: مہوبا) is a city and Mahoba District of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, in the Bundelkhand region. Mahoba is Veer Bhumi of Uttar Pradesh. Mahoba is known for its closeness to Khajuraho, Laundi and other historic places like Kulpahar, Charkhari, Kalinjar, Orchha, and Jhansi. The town is connected with railways and state highways.
How to Reach Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh
Mahoba is well connected by roadways and railways to rest of the country. Mahoba is a railway junction. National highways NH-76 and NH-86 passes through Mahoba.
Mahoba is also well connected by airports. Nearest airport is Khajuraho Airport - (54.65 km). Satna airport is also only 131 km away.
Mahoba- Khajuraho Rail Line
26 December 2008 mahoba khajuraho line inaugurated. At the same day Khajuraho railway station also inaugurated. the first train pass through this rail line is Khajuraho Jhansi Link Express(train no.-230A).Fact about train line:
- Length- 65.15 KM.
- Cost- 130 Crore.
- First Train-Khajuraho Jhansi Link Express (Train No: 230A )
- It is a part if North Central Railway, Allahabad.
Culture of Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh
Cuisine of Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh
Places of interest in Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh
Shiv Tandav :
A rare statue of block granite stone in the dancing pose of Lord Shiva.
Jain Tirthkar :
A Worship place of Jaina sects.
Khakraha math :
Scupture of Chamdella's period on the Khajuraho theme situated at Madan Sagar lake like a island where life size statues of eight elephants are standing since ancient times. A place worth visiting
Urmil Dam :
is a scenic beauty having a guest house where accomodation is also available.
Chandika Devi Temple :
Single stone carved statue of ancient times religiously acknowledged place.
Sun Temple :
This Sun Temple is also has beautiful Sculptures like Sun Temple of Konarka in Orissa.
Sri Nagar :
This is famous for brass works and antiques
Beatal Forming :
This is unique and self styled cultivation called bareja.
Alha & Udal Chowk :
City centres with huge statues.
Gokhar Parvat :
A landscapen panoramic range of hills.
Charkhari Estate :
A symbol of Bundelkhand riyasat, forts, Places & temples surrounded by many lakes.
has many lakes in surroundings and best suited for water sports.
- Maun sadhana kendra (International) chajmanpura mahoba.
- Hanuman Mandir is one of the biggest hanuman Temple in India. It is situated at the central of the city just opposite of Bus stand. Temple also consist of other beautiful goddess.
- Chhoti chandika is the oldest temple of Chandika Devi and also the most visited holy place of Mahoba.
- Badi Chandika is also a very old temple of Mahoba situated in outer area of city.
- Sharda Devi Mandir is situated just front of G.G.I.C. school of mahoba.
- Shiv Ji Ka Mandir is situated beside of chhoti chandika mandir. It is also a Biggest temple of Shiv ji having height more than 32 feet.
- Eidgah situated near railway station. placed over a single very large stone.
- Sahi Mosque situated near Kirat sagar pond.it is very historical place.
Events in Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh