Amroha District Uttar Pradesh
Geography of Amroha
Geography of Amroha
Amroha district consists of 1133 villages, 3 Tehsils, 6 Blocks & 11 Police Stations. Its geographical area is 2470 Sq. Km. Extending from Latitute 28' 54'' North to 39' 6'' North and Longitude 78' 28'' East to 78' 39''East. The maximum & minimum height from sea level are 240ft. & 177ft. respectively. In the north of the district lies district Bijnore,District Sambhal is in the south, tehsil Sadar of Moradabad is in the east and in the west are situated districts Hapur, Ghaziabad & Buland Shahar. Ganga river separates it from district Hapur,Ghaziabad & Buland Shahar.
Main Occupation of Amroha district
The majority of the population of the district depends on agriculture besides the cottage industru like manufacturing of DHOLAK & KATHOLI, Handloom works are also taken up in Amroha, BEEDI in Naugaon Sadat & Cloth weaving is now taken up in Bachraun. Milk & dairy products are attracting the attention of the peoples in villages and they are being associated with it by Cooperative Societies.
Climate & Rivers of Amroha district
The climate of the district is similar to other districts of the state situated at the base of Himalaya which becomes hot in summer and dry & cold in winter. Ganga, Baha & Krishna are the main rivers of the district.
Culture of Amroha, Uttar Pradesh
Cuisine of Amroha, Uttar Pradesh
Places of interest in Amroha, Uttar Pradesh -
1. Vasudev Mandir & Tulsi Park
2. Bayen ka kuan
3. Nasiruddin Sahib ki Majaar
4. Dargah Bhure Shah
5. Majaar Shah Vilayat Sahib
- It is situated on National Highway no. 24 and 53 Km. away from Moradabad & 100 Km. From Delhi. It has been developed as an important Industrial city. Many large & medium scale industries like Vam Organics, Chaddha Rubber, Shivalik Cellolose of Hindustan Lever etc are situated here.
- It is located on the bank of Ganga at about 62 Km. from Moradabad . Every year on Kartik Poornima, a famous Ganga Mela is held here and lakhs of devotees use to take holy dip.
Events in Amroha, Uttar Pradesh